Introducing Surf Lifesaving
Surf Sports to Dubai’s Youth
(ages 3 – 18)
Viking Surf Sports in Dubai aims to build a community around Surf Sports, Nippers and Junior Lifesavers
Viking Nippers and Rookie Lifeguard Water Safety Education Program :
Viking Surf Sports is an engaging, fun and wholesome outdoor sports activity for children aged between 3 years and 18 years. Affiliated with Surf Life Saving Australia and based on principles of the Australian Nippers and Surf Lifesaving sports, the primary objectives of Viking Surf Sports Nipper and Lifesaving Club is to help children become more confident and capable around water.
For our Nippers Program in Dubai, we will help children aged 5-12 to develop surf awareness, beach safety and water safety, all the while teaching them sportsmanship, team skills and various surf sports events. It provides opportunities for all ages, and builds confidence, instills a sense of belonging and achievement.
Children aged 12 and above will develop their surf skills further in the SLSA Surf Rescue Certificate and Royal Life Saving Society (RLSS) UK Survive & Save Programme.
The RLSS is an accredited course as part of the RLSS lifesaving award scheme. The awards are challenging but fun to complete and are arranged into Bronze, Silver and Gold levels to ensure that participants get the opportunity to develop their lifesaving skills as they progress through the awards.
Did you know that lifesaving comprises two elements: Surf Sports, which is the competitive sporting element, and Lifesaving where members are taught about water safety, First Aid and Rescue Techniques. Nippers is for under 12’s and the focus is more on water safety, fun, fitness and Surf Sports. Junior Lifeguards do the same, but with the added element of working towards qualifying as a lifeguard as well.
Our passionate and experienced coaches are there to teach surf sports and water safety in way that is super fun!
We are a community based Surf Life Saving club affiliated with International Life Saving, Dubai Sports Council, UAE Swimming & Youth Sports UAE.
Fronted by ex-World Champion Lifesaver Stephen Munnery, Vikings brings a wealth of experience and passion for competitive Surf Sports.
Why Viking Surf Sports?
- At Viking Surf Sports Club, our top priority is to teach water and beach safety in a fun and accessible way.
- Nippers Surf life saving is not only a valuable life skill, but is also an incredible competitive sport.
- As with all Surf Lifesaving Clubs, Viking Surf Sports will build a community of like minded individuals who have a shared passion for the outdoors, seamanship, sports and water safety.
- Surf Lifesaving is a lifelong sport, from Nippers – where the sport is more focused on fun and water safety, and a pressure-free introduction to water craft such as bodyboards, kayaks and stand up paddle boards (SUPs), through to Junior Rookie Lifeguards where sea and beach rescue is introduced, to fully qualified lifeguards that are skilled at rescue skills, and onto masters for the adults. Some of the oldest active lifeguards are over 70 years old, proving that Surf Lifesaving really can be a lifelong sport and passion.
- For those Junior Rookie Lifeguards that are preparing their college or university applications, surf lifesaving is a wonderful, high-profile extracurricular activity to boost their CV and college application with its volunteer nature. Surf Lifesaving experience is very appealing to prospective tertiary academic institutions.
- For those that are passionate about surf lifesaving as a career, there are job opportunities as professional surf lifesavers in many countries that have beaches such as Australia, England, US, etc. This can be in a part time capacity – a great student job during university years, or full time like the Bondi Rescue Crew made famous from the TV show.
We are all about water and beach safety, outdoor fun, fitness and team work. Our shared passion for swim safety and marine preservation will bring us together to become a community within a community.
- Safety First
- Then comes fun!
- Essential Life Saving skills
- Building a community of sea-savvy kids!
“Energy, Experience & Passion”
“Nippers comes to Dubai”
Partners & Affiliates
We are proud to be affiliated with the following organisations:
Dubai Sports Council
Australia Business Council Dubai
Australian Consular UAE
Surf Life Saving Australia – Nippers
Surf Lifesaving New South Wales – Surf Sports
Royal Life Saving Society UK
Construction Expert Services
Sanderson’s Cafe is located in Sustainable City.
Nuzest offers a range of nutritional supplements for children and adults.
Atlas Wealth Management – leading tax advisers for Australians in the UAE
🇻🇳 Vietnamese Fusion
Born in the UAE 🇦🇪
Delivering across Dubai 🛵
Hydration choice for Vikings. Bottled at the source of southern Norway – purity at its finest
Petro Refuelling Middle East
Global brands delivered locally